Today I've decided to highlight a few of my favorite Instagrammers, specifically a few that are illustrators that do pattern design. I figure that since I've decided to challenge myself to a month of creating daily patterns it would be fitting to share some great pattern makers I enjoy following.
- Cathy Westrell Nordström @studiolillaform - Cathy is a surface pattern designer & illustrator from Stockholm. I love her flora and fauna designs along with her beautiful gentle color palettes. Follow her on Instagram and also check out her website.
- Bethan Janine @bethanjanine - Bethan is a pattern designer and illustrator from Sheffield, UK. I'm not exactly sure what she uses to create her designs but I think she combines vector with hand drawn elements. I really love the delicate line work she uses in her illustrations. Follow her on Instagram and also check out her website.
- Susan Driscoll @the printtree - Susan is a pattern designer and illustrator. From strong geometrics to bold florals, her patterns pack a visual punch. Follow her on Instagram and also check out her website.
- Lisa Congdon @lisacongdon - Lisa is an artist, illustrator, hand letterer, pattern designer and author. I just love everything she creates, especially her coloring books! She is a multi-talented lady who is so generous with her success. She's actually written a book to help creatives (like myself) start their own business. You can find her book Art, Inc.: The Essential Guide for Building Your Career as an Artist on Amazon.com. I do have a copy and it's a great read! Follow her on Instagram and also check out her website.
- Anke @ankepanke - Anke is a Dutch designer. She specializes in illustration, design, hand lettering, identities amongst other things (a very diverse talent)! I love her Instagram feed because not only are her posts really cute, there is a lot of variety (vector patterns, hand drawn lettering, black and white coloring book style). Follow her on Instagram and also check out her website.
- Elizabeth Olwen @elizabetholwen - Elizabeth is a surface designer from Toronto. She is amazing! I love how she has created so many patterns but her style is very distinct and recognizable. I love how she also shares her wealth of knowledge and experience through her courses on Skillshare. I've taken her first course Pattern Design I: Creating Inspiring Repeats and found it inspiring. Follow her on Instagram and also check out her website.
To be honest, I follow so many great artists and designers on Instagram and I still feel I haven't discovered even a fraction of them yet! Please feel fee to share any great illustrators or designers you follow and I'll be sure to check them out!
©: please note that the written comments and opinions are my own and not paid or solicited. The art is copyrighted to their original creators (which you can reach by the links provided).